BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD!



The Rules:
  • Thank the person who nominated you and include their link
  • Give a brief explanation of how your blog began
  • Give some advice to new bloggers
  • Name ten nominees and include their links
  • Tag your nominees on Twitter to let them know

Howdy everyone!  I was recently nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by @TBibliovert who runs the amazing blog The Bibliovert. I would like to begin by thanking her for the nomination.  It means a great deal any time that a peer in the blogging community recognizes you and I definitely don't take that lightly, so thank you again.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate being included among so many other great nominees.

My blog came about as the result of a few different factors which led me to the ultimate decision of starting my own SFF book blog.  First and foremost, I have always loved fantasy and science fiction books.  I was a review contributor for many different SFF book review websites in the past, including Fantasy Book Review and Fresh Fiction.  After contributing to both of these websites as well as a couple of others, I just wasn't personally happy with having a set deadline and also with the limited pool of books that I got to choose from every month.  I had built up enough of a reputation that I was getting approved for pretty much every title that I requested on Netgalley and Edelweiss and also directly from publishers, so I figured what the hell let me start my own blog!  I have to say that it was the best decision that I ever made because I can read and review at my own pace (often my busy schedule and children don't allow me to read as quickly as I would like to) and I get to pick the books that I want to review.  Another added benefit is that I have been afforded the opportunity to review many more self-published authors than ever before which is very important to me.  Running my own blog has been a real blessing and I don't think that I could ever go back to doing reviews for someone else's website quite honestly.

My advice to new bloggers out there is to be patient because there will be times when you think that absolutely no one is reading your content and that nothing you do is "the right way" to do it.  Guess what I've come to learn - there is no RIGHT way, only YOUR way.  Something that you don't want to do is to follow exactly what most bloggers do because then you won't stand out in any way, you'll just be one face in a sea of a thousand other bloggers.  My advice is get creative, post diverse and substantive content that isn't solely reviews, hook up with other supportive bloggers through social media, and ALWAYS have faith that what you are doing is appreciated.  When blogging starts to become a job, then you may need to step away for a bit.  Blogging should be an extension of your love of reading and a way that you can share that love with others through your posts.  It should never be a hassle or something that constantly stresses you out.  If that starts to happen, take a break and walk away for a while until it becomes fun again.  These are the things that have served me well and that I would tell a new blogger who is just starting out. 


My Nominations Are:

Paul at PAUL'S PICKS  - Blog  Twitter

Jason at OFF THE TBR  - Blog  Twitter

Jee at HOOKED ON BOOKZ  - Blog  Twitter

Holly at THE GRIMDRAGON  - Blog  Twitter

Jacob at REDSTARREVIEWS  - Blog  Twitter

Charlie at A READING MACHINE - Blog  Twitter

Scarlett at READZ AND RUNZ - Blog  Twitter

David at FANFIADDICT - Blog  Twitter

Lizbie at LIZBIE'S NERDY WORLD - Blog  Twitter

Cody at A THIN SLICE OF ANXIETY - Blog  Twitter

Comments

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *